VIRCAM Exposure Time Calculator: Release Notes
- 2004-12-24: Original Release
- Basic all-perl functioning prototype, all instrument data represented
by simple functions.
- 2005-05-25: "C" version:
- Main computational body translated
to C language for ESO deliverable.
- 2005-12-23 version 1.0:
- Incorporate real Y, J, H, KS filter curves
- NB1.18 narrow filter approximation
- 2006-01-31 version 1.1:
- Incorporate approx optical reflection data
- Incorporate atmospheric absorption model
- Improve detector characteristic information
- Improved telescope geometry
- Various cosmetic tidyups.
- 2006-08-11 version 1.2:
- Incorporate full lens-reflectance data
- throughput reduced slightly
- Substitute square-wave Z-filter place holder with full WFCAM Z transmission.
- Z throughput increase
- Use purpose-generated atmospheric absorption model
- red end throughput increase
- Use mirror reflectance data from VISTA Silvering plant
- reduced throughput slightly
- code overlapping overheads model & include improved
readout time - reduce overheads on compound observations
- peak of QE curve scaled to more realistic 92%.
- 2009-06-09 version 1.4:
- Resurrected Perl version and introduced updated overheads
- 2009-11-30 version 1.5:
- Allow for average detector QE in throughput computations
- altered Moffat profile for use in aperture corrections to beta=2.5