The seventh OPTICON Gaia Science Alerts workshop will be held in Utrecht, Netherlands, 7-9 December 2016.
The topics this year include:
- present and discuss scientific results from the Gaia Alerts so far
- discuss further scientific drivers and dedicated topics from Gaia Alerts (TDEs, microlensing events, SNe, CVs)
- discuss synergies between major large-scale transient surveys in order to maximise the scientific outcome of the Gaia Alerts
- present the status and the organisation of the H2020 OPTICON follow-up network
- receive feedback from the users to Gaia Alerts
- discuss and recognise future steps in improving the follow-up programmes
Due to space limitations of the workshop venue, we have to limit the number of attendees to 50. We hope that everyone will be accepted, but in case of larger interest, we will select the attendees among the registrants to assure a broad and equal representation of topics. Please fill the registration form and provide your case why do you want to attend the workshop.
Workshop Organising Committee
Workshop Organising Committee:
- Peter Jonker (SRON)
- Morgan Fraser (Dublin)
- Simon Hodgkin (Cambridge)
- Zuzanna Kostrzewa-Rutkowska (SRON)
- Lukasz Wyrzykowski (Warsaw)