Data Analysis Package
The data analysis package contains the tasks required to take the reduced
data and make some scientific sense out of it. The reduced data consists
of a data cube, with the planes containing x,y positional information
and the third axis being wavelength (or pixel number if the data is not
wavelength calibrated). The data cube is one extension in a FITS file.
The other two extensions contain error and data quality information.
The essential tasks required at the telescope are:
Other tasks which will be required for careful data analysis are:
- display a reconstructed broad-band image (with the option
to save this image into a new FITS file).
- display, and measure parameters of, spectrum corresponding to given
- sum and display spectra corresponding to several pixels
- display (and save if required) image in given wavelength, or pixel number, range
- display image in given emission line
- display velocity map
- perform arithmetic on several data cubes
- shift data cube in x,y
- combine data cubes using values in other extensions to affect
combination (eg combine two data cubes together, but don't use
data that has certain data quality bits set).
Last modified: Mon Feb 28 16:02:15 2000