Gerry Gilmore, FInstP, ScD, FRS;
Professor of Experimental Philosophy; Coordinator, OPTICON.
1st image by Lucinda Douglas-Menzies, from `Portraits of
Astronomers', 2009; James Gilmor, Beauchamp Tower, Tower of London, 1569;
Daniel Chalonge medal, 2013;
3rd image by Max Alexander, from `Explorers
of the Universe' exhibitions, 2009/2010
University of Cambridge
Telephone: (UK)+44 (0)1223-337506 (office), +44(0)771-2774522 (mobile)
Email gil @ ast.cam.ac.uk
Daniel Chalonge medal, 2013
Gerry Gilmore's research is largely related
which are a great way to find what matter really is, and where it is...
- GAIA: the origins of the Galaxy,
talk and a recent (May 2015) Gaia talk
- Gaia-ESO Survey: what is in the Galaxy?
- Galactic and galactic chemical evolution: the histories of Stardust
- Dark Mass distribution in galaxies: searching for the nature of matter
- Stellar luminosity function: how much mass is understood?
- OPTICON, the EC Optical Infrared Coordination Network for astronomy
next generation very large telescopes: look at
the ESO web site for news.
Articles and other Publications
a Coptic eclipse published in Zeitschrift fur Papyrologie
u. Epigraphik 158 (2006) pp 190-192
Introduction to the Gaia-ESO Survey
published in the ESO Messenger No 147
Picture of the Galaxy and
the Sgr dwarf galaxy published in
Ann. Rev. Astron. Astrophys. 35 637-675 (1997)
from the preprint server from the last twelve months
papers from the ADS