I am a PhD student at the Institute of Astronomy
Kavli Institute for Cosmology
at the University of Cambridge (UK).
Here I work with
Tommaso Giannantonio .
- - 2014: MSc Physics/Astrophysics, Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich (thesis research with Jochen Weller )
- - 2012/13: Exchange student, Instituto de Astrofisica de Canarias & Universidad de La Laguna (research project with José Alberto Rubiño Martín )
- - 2011: BSc Physics/Astronomy, Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich (thesis research with Harald Lesch )
Scholarships and awards (selection):
- - 2017 Murdin Prize: Annual prize for the best research paper authored by an Institute of Astronomy graduate student; awarded for "Detection of the kinematic Sunyaev-Zel'dovich effect with DES Year 1 and SPT"
(B. Soergel et al., 2016, MNRAS, 461, 3172)
- - 2014-2018: Isaac Newton Studentship, Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge
- - 2014-2018: STFC PhD Studentship, Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge
- - 2014: Tuition fee refund for best MSc graduates, Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich
- - 2011-2014: Scholarship by the German National Academic Foundation
- - 2011: Tuition fee refund for best BSc graduates, Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich
- - 2008-2014: Scholarship by the Max-Weber-Programme of the State of Bavaria
- Email: bsoergel (at) ast.cam.ac.uk
Institute of Astronomy
University of Cambridge