From Gaia Science Alerts Working Group
Bologna airport: 
Direct flights from major European cities, including London (Stansted, Heathrow, Gatwick), Paris, Brussels, Viena, Berlin, Frankfurt (main hub for trans-atlantic flights), Munich, Budapest, Poznan, Lisbon, Barcelona, Madrid, Istanbul.
Within Italy direct flights from Rome Fiumicino, Naples, Palermo, Catania.
Trenitalia  operates very frequent trains from major Italian cities.
From Roma Termini to Bologna Centrale: 2h, price from 19 euros.
From Milano Centrale to Bologna Centrale: 2h, price from 19 euros
From Venezia S.Lucia to Bologna Centrale: 1.5h, price from 19 euros; slow train: 2h, price from 10 euros
From Firenze S.M.Novella or Campo Di Marte to Bologna Centrale: 0.5h, price from 19 euros
Aula della Specola, Università degli Studi di Bologna,
Via Zamboni 33 (shown by an arrow on the map)
Map of the University area: also in PDF
Useful information and an interactive map to find how to get around Bologna can be found here: 
List of suggested accommodations (with breakfast included):
Important: specify that you will participate to the meeting organised by "Osservatorio Astronomico di Bologna" to have the special rate indicated here.
- Hotel Holiday (3 stars hotel)  Via Bertiera ,13. tel. 051235326 fax 051235326 Single room 55€ Double room 65 €
- Hotel University (3 stars hotel)  Via Mentana 7. tel. 051229713 fax 051229713 Single room 60€ Double room 76€
- Hotel San Donato (3 stars hotel)  e mail: email@example.com (fot the attention of Sig. Ricciotti) Via Zamboni,16. tel. 051235395 fax230547 Single room 70€ Double room 90€
- Hotel Paradise ( 3 stars hotel)  Via Cattani 7. tel. 051231792 fax 051234591 Single room 50€ Double room 70€
(prices valid for December 2011)
List of other hotels and restaurants here
The launches will be provided, possibly within the workshop's venue.
Other suggested restaurants for lunch are:
- 28- ALCE NERO -- Via Petroni 9/b – Tel: 2759196
- 19- CAFFE' UNIVERSITA' -- Via Zamboni 92 – Tel: 244 368 (lunch only)
We plan the social dinner on Thursday evening at:
- 6 - OSTERIA LA MATTA -- Via Zucchini 9/c -- Tel: 240177