GREAT Plenary Meeting (PM6)
Symposium 11 and Special Meeting 5 at the EWASS - Turku, 10 to 12 July 2013
NEWS: 20130613: FINAL Programme now online
Meeting ProgrammeAgenda and meeting programme available on the meeting wiki site. In addition further details concerning the Symposium element of the Plenary, organised within the EAS European Week of Astronomy 2013, can be found on the EWASS-2013 site.
Submitting a Talk or Poster AbstractThis GREAT Plenary follows the format adopted at the Rome GREAT Plenary in 2012. The plenary will allow for the presentation of new science carried out within the context of the GREAT working groups, or related activities.
At this stage all those wishing to present are invited to signup with some details of their talk or poster idea. There is a page for each of the themed sessions linked from the meeting wiki at http://great.ast.cam.ac.uk/Greatwiki/GreatMeet-PM6. Thus, choose which session most fits your presentation topic and add to the page at:
- GREAT Surveys and Instruments: 4MOST / MOONS / WEAVE: Symposium S11 - Session 2:
- GREAT Surveys and Instruments: Gaia-ESO Survey: Symposium S11 - Session 3
- Gaia and The Solar System: Symposium S11 - Session 4:
- Gaia: Milky Way Stars and Structure: Symposium S11 - Session 5:
- Gaia: Data and Data Access: Symposium S11 - Session 6:
All submissions received by Fri
31st May 2013 will be considered, with the final
programme being drawn up and published by Mon 10th June 2013.
Note - to add to the wiki page you'll need to ensure that you are logged in. If you don't have a username - go to http://great.ast.cam.ac.uk/Greatwiki/GreatHome and follow the instructions there. if you are having trouble adding directly to the wiki pages - then send your details by email to mailto:email@example.com
In addition to the two day science symposium there will be a
GREAT special meeting 16.15-17.45 on Weds 10th July 2013. This
will include GREAT working group reports and reports from recently
Registering to Attend the GREAT@EWASS Symposium
In terms of the meeting as a whole - the GREAT Plenary is
organised as Symposium 11 at the EWASS. You will need to register
to attend - go to the EWASS registration site - early registration closes 31st May
2013 (there is an extra charge after that date) - see the EWASS 2013 Registration page
Note that you are registering to attend the EWASS as a whole, thus can attend any and all of the variuos meetings held during the week.
A limited amount of financial support for young astronomers
will be provided through the European Astronomical Society. You
can find information about this topic online at the following
(Look under EWASS 2013 and the Grant Request tab).
Meeting Aims and GoalsThis sixth plenary meeting of GREAT will focus on the following key topics:
- Science from the GREAT network - leading to the promise of
- Update on the progress and upcoming launch of Gaia, highlighting developments
relevant to those in the wider community aiming to
scientifically exploit Gaia
- Discuss the evolution of the GREAT network and review the ESF funded network in 2013
- Within parallel discussions decide on plans for specific networking activities to support the work of the various science working groups.
- Update on the GREAT initiatives